Reading time: 5 minutes
Suitable for: Families of primary-age children
Read the secondary-age version of this QUICK READ
Everyone has nights when they don’t sleep well. But, if your child isn't sleeping most of the time, it can affect their concentration, mood, behaviour, and general energy levels. Getting enough sleep is important.
There are a range of different issues that could affect your child’s sleep.
1: Sleep environment
- Use blackout blinds or heavy curtains to block early morning sunlight
- Keep electronic devices out of bedrooms
- Make the bedroom a quiet space
- Keep the temperature comfortably cool
- Some children like white noise or ambient sounds
- Experiment to find out what works best for your child